Consultant cardiologist at St Bartholomew's Hospital
I trained in interventional cardiology at St Bartholomew’s Hospital and the London Chest Hospital (London, UK) and St Vincent's Hospital (Melbourne, Australia).
I was appointed as a consultant cardiologist in 2005 and am now based at the Barts Heart Centre, St Bartholomew’s Hospital with outpatient clinics at The Royal Free and Barnet Hospitals.
I am an experienced coronary interventional cardiologist and TAVI operator. I perform around 100 TAVIs and 100-150 coronary interventions a year.
I am Head of structural heart disease research at the Barts Heart Centre and Editor-in-Chief of ‘Interventional Cardiology Review’.
- TAVI (transcatheter aortic valve implantation)
- Percutaneous coronary intervention.
- Diagnostic coronary angiogram.
- Pressure wire assessment of coronary artery narrowings.
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) assessment of coronary artery narrowings.
- MB ChB Manchester University Medical School 1992
- MRCP 1995
- MD Manchester University Medical School 2002
- FRCP 2007
- Kennon S. Delayed Coronary Obstruction After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation is not the Structural Equivalent of Late Stent Thrombosis After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Interv Cardiol.2018 May;13(2):60-61.
- Kennon S, Archbold A. Expert Opinion: Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Aortic Stenosis Undergoing Non-cardiac Surgery: Out of Date and Overly Prescriptive. Interv Cardiol. 2017 Sep;12(2):133-136.
- Rossi A, De Cecco CN, Kennon SRO, Zou L, Meinel FG, Toscano W,Segreto S, Achenbach S, Hausleiter J, Schoepf UJ, Pugliese F. CT angiography to evaluate coronary artery disease and revascularization requirement before trans-catheter aortic valve replacement. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2017 Sep - Oct;11(5):338-346.
- Rathod KS, Jones DA, Bromage DI, Gallagher SM, Rathod VS,Kennon S, Knight C, Rothman MT, Mathur A, Smith E, Jain AK,Archbold RA, Wragg A. Radial primary percutaneous coronary intervention is independently associated with decreased long-term mortality in high-risk ST-elevation myocardial infarction patients. J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown). 2015 Mar;16(3):170-7.
- Kennon S, Jain A. Circulatory support in severe aortic stenosis. Heart.2011 May;97(10):783-4.
- Kennon S, Barakat K, Hitman GA, Price CP, Mills PG, Ranjadayalan K,Cooper J, Clark H, Timmis AD. Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition is associated with reduced troponin release in non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001 Sep;38(3):724-8.
- Head of structural heart disease research at Barts Heart Centre.
- Editor-in-Chief of ‘Interventional Cardiology Review’