MB BS BSc PhD FRCP
Consultant cardiologist at St Bartholomew's Hospital
I am a consultant cardiologist specialising in the treatment of arrhythmias in adults and children with catheter ablation and pacemaker/defibrillator implantation. I qualified from St George’s Hospital. London, trained in London and Cambridge, before undertaking a research fellowship at The Mayo Clinic, USA.
I am currently Clinical Director for Cardiac Electrophysiology at the Barts Heart Centre, and Honorary Consultant at Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. My current research interests include ablation strategies in those with arrhythmias accompanying congenital heart disease or cardiomyopathy or, risk stratification in patients and families predisposed to sudden cardiac death, and multisite pacing in heart failure patients.
- Cardiac electrophysiological studies and ablation in adults and children, specialising in ablation of atrial fibrillation and arrhythmias in patients with congenital heart disease.
- Implantation of pacemakers (including biventricular), defibrillators (ICDs) and ECG loop recorders
- Management of arrhythmias in adults and children
St George’s Hospital Medical School, London
Papworth Hospital, Cambridge
The Mayo Clinic, USA
- McCorquodale A, Poulton R, Hendry J, Norrish G, Field E, Mead-Regan S, Lowe M, Kaski JP. High prevalence of early repolarization in the paediatric relatives of sudden arrhythmic death syndrome victims and in normal controls. Europace. 2016 Dec 13. pii: euw248.
- Honarbakhsh S, Providencia R, Srinivasan N, Ahsan S, Lowe M, Rowland E, Hunter RJ, Finlay M, Segal O, Earley MJ, Chow A, Schilling RJ, Lambiase PD. A propensity-matched case-control study comparing efficacy, safety and costs of the subcutaneous vs. transvenous implantable cardioverter defibrillator. Int J Cardiol. 2016 Nov 7;228:280-285. doi: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2016.11.017
- Papageorgiou N, Providência R, Srinivasan N, Bronis K, Costa FM, Cavaco D, Adragão P, Tousoulis D, Hunter RJ, Schilling RJ, Segal OR, Chow A, Rowland E, Lowe M, Lambiase PD. Adenosine-guided pulmonary vein isolation versus conventional pulmonary vein isolation in patients undergoing atrial fibrillation ablation: An updated meta-analysis. Int J Cardiol. 2017 Jan 15;227:151-160
- Honarbakhsh S, Srinivasan N, Kirkby C, Firman E, Tobin L, Finlay M, Hunter RJ, Murphy C, Lowe MD, Schilling RJ, Lambiase PD. Medium-term outcomes of idiopathic ventricular fibrillation survivors and family screening: a multicentre experience. Europace. 2016 Oct 12. pii: euw251
- Ganesha Babu G, Webber M, Providencia R, Kumar S, Gopalamurugan A, Rogers DP, Daw HL, Ahsan S, Khan F, Chow A, Lowe M, Rowland E, Lambiase P, Segal OR. Ventricular Arrhythmia Burden in Patients With Heart Failure and Cardiac Resynchronization Devices: The Importance of Renal Function. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2016 Oct 6. doi: 10.1111/jce.13080.
- Srinivasan NT, Orini M, Simon RB, Providência R, Khan FZ, Segal OR, Babu GG, Bradley R, Rowland E, Ahsan S, Chow AW, Lowe MD, Taggart P, Lambiase PD. Ventricular stimulus site influences dynamic dispersion of repolarization in the intact human heart. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2016 Sep 1;311(3):H545-54.
- Ezzat VA, Ryan MJ, O'Leary J, Ariti C, Deanfield J, Pandya B, Cullen S, Walker F, Khan F, Abrams DJ, Lambiase PD, Lowe MD. Radiofrequency ablation of atrial tachyarrhythmias in adults with tetralogy of Fallot - predictors of success and outcome. Cardiol Young. 2016 May 26:1-10. [Epub ahead of print]